Submit Your Pitches
Thanks for your interest in writing for Clutch and/or Coco+Creme. In order for your original voice to be featured on the site, use the following guidelines in crafting your material:
1. Browse Clutch to ensure that your topic hasn’t been covered in past issues.
2. Uplifting/Thought-provoking issues that engender positive, constructive conversation.
3. To make optimum use of Coco + Creme, we’ll only cover fashion & beauty pieces for Clutch upon request. If by chance you do come upon a concept that you find particularly Clutch-worthy, please peruse Coco + Creme to avoid topic duplication.
4. Use your wit and creativity: Part of Clutch’s mission is to appeal the needs of the today’s forward-thinking Black woman. We encourage interested contributors to step outside of the box and present fresh, original material that can relate to and stimulate our complex audience.
In addition, please keep in mind that we will not accept republished work. A thoughtful, original concept greatly increases your chance of being featured on Clutch. For consideration, please submit your pitch below or send your pitches to email@example.com. Due to the sheer volume, please allow 30 days for word on the status of your submission.
- Use a wide range of sources for each piece, including pulling from sites with relevant subject material that may not exclusively share Clutch’s target audience. Sites like the YBF and Jezebel, for example, are excellent sites, but rather than emulate, it’s originality that’s crucial in setting ourselves apart from the rest.
- Avoid posting or pitching music videos absent a specific critique/commentary as part of the post.
- Refrain from presenting multiple article titles in the form of a question.
- We are currently not accepting pitches for personal columns and/or series.
- Although we want to keep things interesting on Clutch, let “substance over sensationalism” be your guide in selecting topic material.
Submit your ideas here!